We’re pleased to announce that thanks to your support of the Mary Potter Hospice Strawberry Festival in Midland Park last week, we were able to raise $40,115.30 – about $10,000 more than last year. This money will help keep Hospice services free for the people of Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti.
We went through 3,900 punnets of strawberries, 250 two-litre tubs of ice cream, 20 litres of gelato and 60 bottles of Shott strawberry sauce, had amazing entertainment all day long, and over 150 amazing volunteers helping us on the day. So a big thank you to:
- Kilbirnie PAK’nSAVE provides the strawberries and ice cream for free! Wow!
- Wellington City Council provide their services free too – awesome!
- Accent Audio for coordinating all the music
- Carrello Del Gelato for providing superior diary free gelato free of charge
- Shott for providing the delicious strawberry sauce for free
- Moore Wilson’s for providing all the equipment to serve and eat the sundaes
- Orbit Travel for helping deliver pre-order sundaes
- AF Logistics for proving their services for free
- Greg Ellis Creative for providing his superior MC skills for free
- Wellington Free Ambulance for providing first aid facilities and paramedics for the event.
We also had amazing support from Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Their Excellencies the Right Honourable Dame Patsy Reddy and Sir David Gasgoigne, and Wellington’s Mayor Justin Lester! They all served at tables, and the Prime Minister’s visit brought lots of media coverage to the event. One News ran a piece on Wednesday evening covering the Prime Minister’s response to the Festival and more generally on the place of Hospice care in New Zealand.
So again, thank you all for supporting the Mary Potter Hospice Strawberry Festival. The sun came out and we had a fantastic time, and we really hope that you did too. We’re looking forward to next year already!