Do you sometimes get hoha? Ever come out of a medical appointment and were not quite clear what went on? You or someone you are close might be mauiui with cancer. Perhaps the whānau has been living with cancer for a while and things are changing?
This programme brings people together that are working and living in the community. It’s your space, at your pace, with kai. Relax, come and join people who might be in a similar waka to you. Learn a bit about what’s going on now, and what may unfold next.
Our final session is this coming Tuesday 29 August.
See below for all sessions.
Natalie Kini 04 238 4914 (Ora Toa)
Elizabeth Munday 04 237 7563 (Mary Potter Hospice)
Venue: Mary Potter Community Hospice, 1a Prosser St, Porirua
Tuesday 1 August 6-8 pm
- Meet and greet – hopes and needs
Tuesday 8 August 6-8 pm
- What is Cancer? Associate Professor Patries Herst, Malaghan Institute.
- Good nutrition
Tuesday 15 August 6-8 pm
- Therapeutic touch with Bobbi-Jo Wilson of the Cancer Society
- Rongoā with Vanessa Eldridge of Mary Potter Hospice
Tuesday 22 August 6-8 pm
- Resilience with Hazel Neser, University of Otago, Wellington
- Whānau Caring Stories, Vanessa Eldridge of Mary Potter Hospice
Tuesday 29 August 6-8 pm
A panel chat with those providing support in the community:
- Ora Toa Community worker
- General practitioner
- Cancer Society worker
- Palliative Care Co-ordinator
- Oncology Nurse