From: $0.00 (GST incl.)
This series of workshops are presented as part of the Hospice New Zealand Fundamentals of Palliative Care programme.
Each workshop costs $45.
There are three workshops in total – attending the full series would cost $135.
For on-site group staff update training at your workplace, please contact our education administrator email@example.com or call 04 381 0152.
This series of workshops are presented as part of the Hospice New Zealand Fundamentals of Palliative Care programme. They can be studied in any order but it is recommended you complete Package One: Essence of Palliative Care first. There is no specified timeframe for completion of the full programme. There are a number of learning requirements to gain certification for each package; course reading, workshop attendance and a post session learning activity.
All workshops will be delivered at the Village at the Park, 130 Rintoul St, Newtown at 9am—4.30pm.
Sessions 1, 2, 3
- Essence of Palliative Care
- Ethical Issues in Palliative Care
- Pain & Symptom Management
Sessions 4, 5, 6
- Palliative Care for People with Chronic Illness
- Palliative Care for People with Dementia
- Communications Skills
Sessions 7, 8, 9, 10
- Last Days of Life
- Loss and Grief
- Caring for Ourselves
Following this 3-day learning package, participants will enhance their knowledge in:
- Principles and Ethical considerations of Palliative approach to care
- Understanding of pain and symptom control
- Consider specific needs of residents/ patients with Chronic Illness and Dementia
- Communication with residents/ patients / whānau and their medical & nursing colleagues
- Identifying the dying phase of illness and specific needs at this time
- Impact of loss & grief on whānau and staff
- Importance of self-care
- Important role of spirituality in palliative care.
- Enhance confidence in transitioning to palliative phase of care
- Share knowledge and skills with colleagues.