$190.00 (GST incl.)
A One Day Intensive Masterclass for Health Professionals and Community Workers
The workshop has been designed for health professionals – GPs, nurses, community and social care workers working with palliative patients and family/whānau.
Cost: $190 (gst incl.)
Venue: Te Whare Rānui, Porirua (Mary Potter Hospice, Porirua)
Communicating with patients and family/whānau/aiga is an important skill in all aspects of health care. The conversations in palliative care can be particularly challenging, and the risk is that they are avoided. They can require confidence and courage to start, and skilled sensitivity to navigate well.
The workshop will look at what is best practice in communication skills, and will include creative and interactive methods of learning and facilitation to broaden your thinking in your approach to this work.
The workshop has been designed for clinical health professionals, community and social care workers with palliative patients and family/whānau/aiga.
- Identifying and approaching patients who may benefit from an introduction to palliative care or advance care planning
- Handling strong emotion in the consultation
- Confidence in conversations about prognosis and uncertainty
- Confidence in conversations at the end-of-life
- Being flexible with unpredictable conversations