From: $190.00 (GST incl.)
Cost $190 (GST Incl.)
This Masterclass is led by Dr Astrid Adams, Director Palliative Medicine in collaboration with Mary Potter Hospice staff and our partners across the health sector. We will use a case based learning model to look at the pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of common symptoms in palliative care. The sessions will include assessment and management of pain, nausea, vomiting, and delirium.
The day has been designed for health professionals working with palliative patients and their family/whānau/aiga.
- An understanding of the range and role of different opioids currently used
- Knowledge of when to introduce adjuvant analgesia
- Approaches to end of life prescribing
- A framework for understanding and ameliorating delirium towards the end of life
- A framework for understanding and treating nausea in a palliative setting
- Reviewing multi pharmacy within the context of palliative care and end of life
- Palliative care emergencies