Is it time to take your next career step? Do you want to become a key contributor to the on-going professional development and growth of the clinical team? If so, this role as Clinical Nurse Educator in our well-known and loved hospice may be perfect for you.
As a Clinical Nurse Educator, you will provide practical clinical education working alongside our nurses and multi-disciplinary team to advise, guide, coach and mentor. As a key member of the Education team, you will work closely with staff new to palliative care, supporting them to become confident practitioners, while also supporting experienced staff with their professional development. You will also be involved in other education initiatives internally and externally, facilitating educational opportunities with our teams and supporting our partners and stakeholders.
- You work at an advanced level of practice in palliative care with strong assessment, critical thinking and preceptoring skills
- You have clear communication and presentation skills
- A background in education and training or an interest in it.
What we offer
- Award winning wellbeing programme including carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming strong values-based culture working with a great team
- Support for further career professional development
- This senior role works between Mondays and Fridays (FTE 0.8-1.0) – no shifts, no uniforms.
- The opportunity for you to influence clinical development.
Achieving the best outcomes for patients and whānau starts with expecting the best from ourselves. So if you are a passionate and experienced palliative care nurse looking for an opportunity to develop your own nursing career, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Please email a cover letter, CV and application form by 3 March 2024 to Nicola Bebbington, Mary Potter Hospice, HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz
For further information, phone Jane Pannu, Manager Quality & Education on 021 594 425.