Kia ora, I am a patient with Mary Potter Hospice Community Team in Wellington. I am supported in my home by a wonderful team of nurses, and a larger multi-disciplinary team, with my care.
I am looking for a registered health care professional committed to developing their skills in palliative care to help make a positive difference in this important time in my, and other patient’s lives.
Palliative care is a challenging, complex and ultimately rewarding field of work. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to help me to manage my physical symptoms such as pain, my psychosocial needs, and to support my whānau.
About me: I am nearing the end of my life but that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped living. Every moment is precious and I keep very busy spending time with family. I also have one or two bucket list items that the wonderful staff here have helped me tick off.
Mary Potter Hospice provides the Wellington community with free and compassionate specialist palliative care. They offer support for professional development and an award winning wellbeing program. I would love to see you join the team.
This fulfilling and important role is
- Based with the Community Team in Newtown, Wellington
- To provide skilled and compassionate care to ensure all our patients receive a high standard of care
- Working with a multidisciplinary team providing in-home care and support to patients and whānau.
- Working with a friendly and professional team
- Monday to Friday
You will need to
- Be a health care professional – an NZ registered nurse, or Paramedic with a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- Be required to undertake pre-employment health screening and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check
- Have NZ residency or a valid work visa
What Mary Potter Hospice offer
- An award-winning wellbeing programme which offers things like carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming work environment
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Salary in accordance with the Four Hospice NZNO Multi-Employer Collective Agreement
- Support to develop specialist palliative care competencies
Please send your application by 27 January 2023 to Catherine Hart, PO Box 7442, Newtown, Wellington 6242 or email email@example.com
For further information please contact Paula Lloyd, Wellington Community Team Manager on phone 021 457 472.