Mary Potter Hospice is recruiting for a registered and experienced counsellor to join our Kāpiti Community Team. Our counsellors are an important part of our hospice service which provides specialist palliative care, end of life and bereavement support to our patients and their whānau. Our Clinical, Allied Health and Medical teams work closely together and we are small enough to ensure you establish strong working relationships across the whole Hospice.
This position is scoped at 56 hours per fortnight, but could be amended to suit someone establishing their private practice or interested in a job share arrangement.
What you will bring to the role:
- Sound knowledge or a keen interest in palliative care and hospice and experience in working with loss and grief
- Ability to respond flexibly to complex situations and excellent self-care skills
- A demonstrated understanding of social, cultural and spiritual influences and concerns for patients and whānau
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team and community partners to provide the best care for our patients and whānau.
What we offer:
- Award winning wellbeing programme including carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming environment working with a great team
- Support for further career development
- Values based organisation
- Base salary range $75 – $80K, pro rated
To apply for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. We require all our employees in clinical roles to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including one booster vaccination.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form to Catherine Hart, via email HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz
For further information please phone Trish McKelvie, Acting Community Manager – Kāpiti 021 941 356.