Mary Potter Hospice is looking for a Day Unit Coordinator to lead our Day Unit program working closely with patients receiving hospice palliative care and their carers/whānau.
This role could suit one person, four days per week or be split between two people, two days per week.
The Day Unit Coordinator works closely with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to develop and design activities and programmes. The programmes are run with the support of our volunteers within the Day Unit Team.
We are looking for a special someone who has;
- demonstrated ability to set goals and a plan of action to achieve them, prioritising time and resources appropriately
- sound problem analysis and identification, and solution finding skills
- ability to work independently and take accountability for own work
- strong facilitation skills
- experience of working in a palliative care setting or with patients with palliative care needs
- a health professional qualification
- basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- experience of working with and leading volunteers
- full current driver’s licence
- a post-graduate certificate in palliative care or equivalent (desirable)
If you would like to be part of our Day Service team here at Mary Potter Hospice, supporting our community in an important time in their lives, we would love to talk with you further.
A job description and application form can be obtained from our website www.marypotter.org.nz. Please send a cover letter, CV and application form by 23 April 2021 to Catherine Hart, Mary Potter Hospice, PO Box 7442, Newtown, Wellington 6242 or email Catherine.Hart@marypotter.org.nz
For more information, please phone Sue Mellsop, Community Manager – Wellington, 021 1964 0331 or Norma Hickland, Community Manager Porirua, 021 194 0190.