- Full Time
The Mary Potter Hospice’s fundraising, marketing & communication team helps to raise funds so the Hospice can continue providing free and compassionate specialist palliative care to the people of Wellington.
We are searching for a go-getter to join the team as an Events and Fundraising Assistant. This role is busy and varied and includes helping to organise events, social media and web activities, providing donors with amazing support, database work and administration. This is a perfect role for a graduate or someone wanting to build a career in fundraising and events, with a passion for the Hospice’s work in the community.
To be successful you will need to
- Be super-organised to provide support to the rest of the team and our donors across the community
- Love rolling up your sleeves and pitching in, as you will be involved in many areas of fundraising including community events, the street appeal, volunteer engagement and supporter care. These tasks will sometimes involve erecting flags, carrying boxes and running errands
- Be a natural people person, as you will build great relationships with community groups, supporters and volunteers
- Be flexible at times with your hours and days of work, and we’ll be flexible with you
- Have a great eye for detail to ensure accurate database work and communications to supporters
- Have an empathetic phone manner and a good grasp of the written word
- Full drivers licence.
What we offer
- An award-winning wellbeing programme which includes carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A friendly, motivated, fun and successful team to work in
- A welcoming work environment
Please send your application and cover letter by 12 November 2023 to Catherine Hart at HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz. We may interview earlier depending on the applicant.
For more information, contact Philippa Sellens, Director Fundraising, Marketing & Communications on 0204 0590 157.