You will play a valuable part in the Hospice’s In Patient Unit delivering lunch to the patients.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Adhere to hygiene handling
– Communicate with Hospitality Manager in regards to special needs and diets
– Turn up to the rostered shift on time
– Give Volunteer Services and the Hospitality Managers as much notice as possible about planned leave
– Contact the IPU reception about unplanned leave (e.g. sick leave) as soon as you know you cannot do a shift
– Ability to build and maintain rapport and help people feel at ease
– Sensitive to the needs of others and able to seek help as needed
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Works well within a team
– Comfortable volunteering in an environment where people are unwell
Commitment: Tuesday Fortnightly 6.45 pm – 7.45 pm
Location: Mary Potter Hospice, 48 Mein Street, Newtown
Interested? If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you.