Are you interested in supporting Mary Potter Hospice to recruit and select volunteers for existing vacancies and new exciting volunteer roles?
To support the Volunteer Services team to develop volunteer job descriptions and recruitment adverts, and screen and hire applicants. The role is designed to assist the Hospice to have a full complement of volunteers at all times.
The main tasks include:
- Gathering information to create job descriptions
- Updating existing volunteer job descriptions and creating job descriptions for new roles
- Advertising volunteer roles using traditional and innovative recruitment strategies
- Shortlisting applicants, organising and conducting interviews
- Completing police vetting and reference checks
- Entering into appropriate data bases
The role would suit a person who wants to apply their existing human resource (HR) expertise. The position requires excellent administration and Microsoft Office suite skills, and high-level verbal and written communication skills.
We currently have two vacant roles –
- Minimum 4 hours per week Monday, or the first working business day of the week
- Minimum 4 hours per week Friday
10 Awatea Street, Ranui Heights, Porirua and occasionally 48 Mein Street, Newtown
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you.