Mary Potter Hospice is recruiting for an Occupational Therapist to join the Inpatient Unit team. Our Occupational Therapists provide our patients and their whānau with the important link between meaningful activity and wellbeing.
It takes a very special skillset to work in palliative care and this role is a vital member of the multi-disciplinary team providing specialist palliative care to patients. Our clinical, allied health and medical teams work very closely and we are small enough to ensure you can have strong working relationships across the whole Hospice.
- Be able to work independently and to show initiative when solving complex problems
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate occupational therapy interventions
- Be able to work collaboratively with all multi-disciplinary teams to provide the best care for our patients and whanau.
- Be a registered Occupational Therapist with a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- Have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
What we offer:
- An award-winning wellbeing programme which offers things like carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming work environment
- Support for further career development
If you think you might like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form to Catherine Hart, Mary Potter HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz by 22 March 2023.
For further information please phone Helen Golds, 021 459 304.
Occupational Therapist Job Description
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Mary Potter Hospice Wellness Brochure