- Extraordinary clinical leadership opportunity
- Ability to influence the future of palliative care delivery
- Highly regarded Wellington charitable organisation
Mary Potter Hospice’s vision is that people in our communities have access to free, compassionate and quality palliative care, when and where they need it. We offer specialist palliative care in our in-patient unit and in patients’ homes across Wellington, Porirua and Kāpiti. We work closely with partners across the health system and community, and contribute to the training in palliative care across the region, including training of junior doctors and medical students. A multi-disciplinary, holistic focus on the patient and their family and whānau is at the heart of all we do.
We are seeking a Medical Director to provide medical leadership including line management of the medical team (doctors and nurse practitioners). Reporting to the CE, the Director works closely with the Director Clinical Services and Director Health Equity, sharing responsibility for clinical leadership and service quality across the Hospice. The Medical Director is also a member of the senior leadership team, focusing on strategy, values, planning and culture.
To succeed in this position the Medical Director will:
- Have a specialist medical qualification and vocational registration within the scope of palliative medicine
- Be a Fellow of the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong clinical, clinical education, and people leadership skills
- Be passionate about the delivery of palliative care services at the highest level
- Have a good understanding of, and commitment to, addressing the factors that contribute to the equitable delivery of health services
If you would like to join our team and be an essential contributor to the delivery of palliative care in the coolest little capital in the world, we would love to talk to you!
Please email your CV, application form and cover letter to Catherine Hart at HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz
For further information please feel free to contact Tony Paine, CE tony.paine@rahera-rapira-davies
Medical Director Job Description
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Mary Potter Hospice Wellness Brochure