- Flexible working hours by arrangement
- Work in an environment where you make a difference
- A professional development programme that supports and enables you to grow and learn
- Strong team approach to support you in your role
- Award winning Wellbeing Programme offering carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
Mary Potter Hospice provides free specialist palliative care for the people of the Wellington Region. We have an Inpatient Unit, and a strong Community team. We take a multi-disciplinary approach in order to provide holistic care for our patients and their families.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our dedicated and friendly multidisciplinary team. While the majority of your time will be in the in-patient unit, you will occasionally work in the community, supporting and transitioning patients to their homes. You will be supported collegially by our Community Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistant and we can support you to develop palliative care skills so you can grow within our organisation.
If you want flexible working arrangements to support a good work life balance with family, social or sporting commitments, we would be happy to explore this with you.
This fulfilling and important role provides skilled and compassionate occupational therapy to ensure patients have the opportunity to engage with activities or occupations that are essential and meaningful to them fostering a sense of ability, dignity, and control.
You will need to:
- Be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand
- 1+ years’ experience as a registered Occupational Therapist
- Be required to undertake pre-employment health screening and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check
- Have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
A job description and application form can be obtained from our website below. Please send your application to Catherine Hart, PO Box 7442, Newtown, Wellington 6242 or email HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz.
For further information please contact Helen Golds, Inpatient Unit Manager on phone 021 459304.
Occupational Therapist Role Description
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Mary Potter Hospice Wellness Brochure