The Online Retail Volunteer is responsible for running online auctions to offer an alternative way of shopping for our customers.
As one of the major fundraising projects, it is offering the public to shop in the Trade Me marketplace. All money raised goes towards keeping the hospice services free to all our patients and families in our community.
- Manage inventory ensuring proper selection, organization and tracking of donated items
- Prepare stock for online sales including provision of accurate, well presented descriptions of items including photographs. Research items as required
- Contribute towards a positive online experience for buyers and prospective buyers by responding in a timely and positive manner
- Package and dispatch sold items as required
- Efficient use of resources including camera, computer, stationery etc.
- Experience in retail is helpful but not essential
- Pride in giving excellent customer service
- Have some creative skills
- Understanding the on-line market place
- Knowledge of office-based B2C e-commerce operation. Although training will be given.
3-4 Hours weekly in agreement with manager Monday to Friday
3 McMillan Court, Newlands
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you!