Mary Potter Hospice provides the Wellington community with free and compassionate specialist palliative care. We support patients and their whānau at a most important time of their lives.
We are recruiting a Registered Nurse to join our Wellington Community team as a Palliative Care Coordinator. Nursing is a pillar in providing excellent end of life care and we need compassionate, resilient and empathetic nurses to support this. The hours will be negotiable between FTE 0.8 – 1.0.
This fulfilling and important role
- Delivers and coordinates equitable specialist palliative care services for patients and their whānau in their home
- Is part of a multi disciplinary team providing holistic care and support to patients and whānau.
- Have skills in palliative care/end of life care or oncology or transferable skills from other fields of healthcare
- Have two years post registration nursing experience
- Be flexible with sound time management and communication skills
- Understand the multidisciplinary team approach to patient centred care
What we offer
- An award-winning wellbeing programme which offering incentives such as carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming work environment in a values based organisation
- Support with internal and external professional development including Post Graduate study
- Salary in accordance with the Four Hospice NZNO Multi-Employer Collective Agreement
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form by 5 October 2022 to Catherine Hart at Catherine.Hart@marypotter.org.nz
For further information please contact Helen Golds, Inpatient Unit Manager on phone 381 0179