Kia ora, I am a patient with Mary Potter Hospice Community Team in Wellington. I am supported in my home by a wonderful team of nurses, and a larger multi-disciplinary team, with my care.
I am looking for a Registered Nurse committed to developing their skills in palliative care to help make a positive difference in this important time in my and other patient’s lives.
Palliative care is a challenging, complex and ultimately rewarding field of work. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to help me to manage my physical symptoms such as pain, my psychosocial needs, and to support my whānau.
About me: I am nearing the end of my life but that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped living. Every moment is precious and I keep very busy spending time with family. I also have one or two-bucket list items that the wonderful staff here have helped me tick off.
Mary Potter Hospice provides the Wellington community with free and compassionate specialist palliative care. They offer support for professional development and an award winning wellbeing program.
The Hospice is currently growing their community teams and are looking for additional Registered Nurses to support patients in our community. One position will support patients in the Wellington community and the other position will flex across the Wellington, Porirua or Kapiti communities as a rotating nurse.
This fulfilling and important role is:
To provide skilled and compassionate care to ensure all our patients receive a high standard of care
- Working with a multidisciplinary team providing in-home care and support to patients and whānau
- Working with a friendly and professional team
- Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 5.00pm – no weekends.
You will need to:
- Be a NZ registered nurse with a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- Preferably have palliative care experience (two years post registration) or community experience but we will provide training and support for the right person interested in developing their skills and knowledge in this field
- Be required to undertake pre-employment health screening and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check
- Have NZ residency or a valid work visa
What Mary Potter Hospice offer:
- An award-winning wellbeing programme which offers things like carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming work environment
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Salary in accordance with the Four Hospice NZNO Multi-Employer Collective Agreement
- Support to develop specialist palliative care competencies
Please send your application to Catherine Hart, by emailing email@example.com
For further information please contact Jessica Rowe, Porirua Community Team Manager on phone 021 984 627 or Paula Lloyd, Wellington Community Team Manager on 021 457 472.
Palliative Care Nurse – Wellington Job Description
Palliative Care Nurse – Flexi Job Description
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Mary Potter Hospice Wellness Brochure