Do you want to make a difference to people in our community?
Have you always been interested in Palliative Care but didn’t think you had the experience?
Mary Potter Hospice is recruiting for a Registered Nurse – Palliative Care Coordinator to join our Porirua Community Team. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with either palliative care experience or who wants to grow specialist skills in palliative care. Working in this environment can be extremely rewarding supporting people in our community at the most important and vulnerable time of their lives.
This role delivers and coordinates specialist palliative care nursing services for patients and their whānau in the Porirua region. You will be a member of a skilled multi-disciplinary team and work with our healthcare partners delivering quality care.
All about you
- Recognised as having skills in palliative care/end of life care or oncology or transferable skills from other fields of healthcare
- Preferably have palliative care experience (two years post registration) but we will provide training and support for the right person interested in developing their skills and knowledge in this field
- Flexibility, sound time management skills and an understanding of and commitment to the multidisciplinary team approach to patient care are essential.
What we offer
- Award winning wellbeing programme including carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
- A welcoming environment working with a great team
- Support for further career development
- Salary will be in accordance with the Four Hospice NZNO Multi-Employer Collective Agreement.
To apply for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. We require all our employees in clinical roles to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including one booster vaccination.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form to Catherine Hart, via email HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz
For more information, contact Jess Rowe, Community Manager – Porirua on 021 984 627.