- Low staff to patient ratio gives you time to care
- Work in an environment that lets you make a difference
- A professional development programme that supports and enables you to grow and learn
- Strong team approach to support you in your role
- Award winning Wellbeing Programme offering carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
Mary Potter Hospice provides free palliative care for the people of the Wellington Region. We have an Inpatient Unit, and a strong Community team. We take a multi-disciplinary approach in order to provide holistic care for our patients and their families.
What our patients and families say:
“The care my dad received in the Inpatient Unit was incredible”
“Thank you for the support given to our mum and family, the staff were phenomenal,”
“The care and love my husband and family received was humbling”
We currently have vacancies for Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient Unit team. Our Nurses provide support to patients, with a life limiting illness, maintaining the highest possible quality of life. This fulfilling and important role is based in the Inpatient Unit in Newtown, Wellington
If you have transferable nursing skills, we can support you to develop as a specialist palliative care nurse in our Inpatient Unit and grow within our organisation. Our nurses provide skilled and compassionate nursing care to ensure all our patients receive a high standard of care within a supportive multi disciplinary team environment.
You will need to
- Be an NZ enrolled / registered nurse with a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- Be required to undertake pre-employment health screening and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check
- Have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Please send your application to Catherine Hart, PO Box 7442, Newtown, Wellington 6242 or email HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz. For further information please contact Helen Golds, Inpatient Unit Manager on phone 04 381 0179.