Mary Potter Hospice is looking for a talented individual who shares those values, and who can bring a breadth of expertise across change and transformation to join the Executive Team as Retail Director for a fixed term 18-month contract.
This is a critical, newly created role reporting to the Chief Executive and will see you make exciting significant changes and set a new direction for the Retail Network (Mary Potter Hospice Shops) to ensure its successful long-term sustainability, viability and profitability.
To achieve this, you will:
- set the vision, strategic direction and plan for the retail network
- create a new business model to optimise the network
- provide motivational leadership to paid staff and volunteers creating energy for change
- manage transformational projects ranging from new technology implementations to people and culture strategies
- provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the ELT and Board
- act as a full member of the Executive Team.
You will have a breadth of retail experience with a proven track record in leading teams to success. Along with this, you will embody Mary Potter Hospice’s core values and exhibit these in all you do. We are looking for someone with:
- authentic leadership skills and extensive relationship building experience
- experience at a senior strategic level in retail would be preferred
- strategic and commercial capability with sound financial nous
- project management know-how including managing transformational change and risk mitigation
- high level communication skills and the ability to adapt these as the situation warrants
- experience in using data to influence business decisions.
You will be a resilient and empathetic self-starter who has a strong initiative and ‘can-do’ attitude. Your mental toughness and sense of humour will see you fulfilled in this role as you aim to increase Mary Potter’s annual revenue and in turn provide real support for the incredibly valuable service they provide to Wellington.
If this sounds exactly like you, don’t delay, click the ‘apply’ button or contact Jo Macdonald on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.