Mary Potter Hospice’s eight retail stores are seeking Volunteer Shop Assistants to provide friendly and welcoming customer service in store.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a friendly team in a demanding but supportive environment. Training in merchandising, displaying and retail will be provided. An interesting and varied experience of voluntary work is guaranteed!
- Eight locations – Miramar, Cuba Street, Karori, Thorndon, Tawa, Porirua, Paraparaumu and Newlands
- Gain valuable retail work experience
- Join a supportive volunteering community
Mary Potter Hospice is one of Wellington’s most loved charities, and our volunteers in our retail stores make a huge difference in helping keep services free.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds, ages and cultures, and they volunteer for many different reasons.
- Serving customers
- Operating the till
- Making the shop a friendly and welcoming place for customers, donors and new volunteers
- Keeping the shop looking interesting, ensuring stock is replenished and merchandised in an attractive way
- Answering queries about Mary Potter Hospice