- Full time, permanent position
- Operational and strategic focus
- Based in Newtown, Wellington
Mary Potter Hospice is one of Wellington’s most loved charities, providing specialist palliative care hospice services to hundreds of people and their families every year in the Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti region. The Hospice has a strong commitment to clinical excellence, education and research. All services are provided free of charge.
The Senior HR Advisor, Operations is responsible for providing a wide range of strategic and operational HR support to the Hospice’s 160 staff plus volunteers. You will work closely with the Senior HR Advisor, OD, who works three days per week.
You will provide expert HR advice, develop and maintain best practice HR systems and policies, lead and support a variety of HR projects and initiatives and provide ongoing support and guidance to management and staff.
You will be customer focussed with the ability to truly partner with and work alongside managers, quickly understanding their needs and coaching and mentoring them to build excellent people management capability.
The organisational values – respect, compassion, dignity, hospitality and stewardship – are very strong and demonstrated in everything they do. It is a rewarding place to work, with staff who are very caring and compassionate.
- Strong generalist HR exposure at a senior level
- Proficient in advising and coaching managers on the full range of HR and ER issues
- Well-developed knowledge of HR legislation, systems and best practice
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and hands on operational level
- Experience working within a unionised environment would be useful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management capabilities
- A commitment to, and an understanding of, the Treaty of Waitangi and multi-culturalism
- A relevant tertiary level qualification
- Ability to identify with and promote the values of the Hospice
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 12 August 2020
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via www.mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069