- Permanent part time working 16 hours per week
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- A wellness day off once a year and carers leave
- A financial wellness payment towards fitness i.e., Yoga, Pilates, massage
Mary Potter Hospice, one of Wellington’s best-loved charities, provides free and compassionate specialist palliative care to our patients at a most important time of their lives. We are looking for a Registered Social Worker to join our Wellington Community Team. This role plays an important part in our multi-disciplinary team and you will be welcomed and supported by a fantastic group of colleagues.
About the role:
As a Registered Social Worker in our Wellington Community Team, and part of the multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Work closely with patients, families and their whānau providing professional and skilled social work services
- Contribute to internal and external education
- Deliver and coordinate specialist palliative care services in the Wellington region.
You have demonstrated experience in social work, and experience or a genuine interest in palliative care. Our ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified and registered Social Worker
- An excellent communicator, highly organised and have strong relationship building skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to assess patients, whānau and carer social work needs in an objective manner
- Experienced working in a community setting
- have a sound theoretical knowledge and appreciation of the grief process and the special nature of working with people with a life threatening illness
To apply for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Please send your application by 13 April 2023 to Catherine Hart email HR.Recruitment@marypotter.org.nz
For further information please phone Paula Lloyd, Community Manager – Newtown 021 457 472
Social Worker Role Description
Mary Potter Hospice Application Form
Mary Potter Hospice Wellness Brochure