Mary Potter Hospice, one of Wellington’s best loved charities is looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Registered Social Worker to join our highly committed multi-disciplinary team in Porirua.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with patients, families, their whānau, and the multi-disciplinary team and providing professional and skilled social work services contributing to a multi-disciplinary approach to care.
We need you to:
- Be an excellent communicator, highly organised and have strong relationship building skills
- Demonstrate the ability to assess patients, whānau and carer social work needs in an objective manner
- Have experience working in a community setting
- Have a sound theoretical knowledge and appreciation of the grief process and the special nature of working with people with a life threatening illness
- Be a qualified and registered Social Worker
What we offer
A relaxed and welcoming work environment, wellness incentives including financial contributions to health and wellbeing activities, free EAP services, free flu vaccinations, and the chance to contribute in a substantial way to the community service for Mary Potter Hospice.
Please send your application by Sunday 29th November 2020 to Catherine Hart PO Box 7442, Newtown, Wellington 6242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please phone Norma Hickland, Community Manager – Porirua on 021 194 0190.