Mary Potter Hospice has a wonderful opportunity for a Registered Nurse with extensive Aged Residential Care nursing experience and a special interest in palliative care to join the Hospice Aged & Residential Care (ARC) team as a Specialist Palliative Care Advisor (RN).
The purpose of this role is to
- Support the transition of hospice palliative patients from the community, Inpatient Unit, or hospital to aged & residential care facilities.
- Strengthen the interface between generalist and specialist palliative care services.
- Provide specialist advice, education and co-ordination.
- Promote a cohesive and consistent quality of palliative care.
- Support the Link Nurse programme.
You will need to
- Be an excellent communicator, highly organised and have experience in relationship building.
- Preferably have palliative care experience (or an interest in) and a strong desire to further develop your knowledge in this field.
- Have knowledge of community health, primary and aged residential care services.
- Possess or be willing to work towards appropriate post graduate qualifications.
What we offer
- An award winning staff wellbeing programme including carer’s leave, personal wellbeing allowance, birthday leave.
- Support for further professional development.
- Salary will be in accordance with the Four Hospice NZNO Multi-Employer Collective Agreement.
- FTE 0.7 – 0.9 Negotiable.
- A values driven organisation.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form by 10 August 2022 to Catherine Hart, Mary Potter Hospice, PO Box 7442, Newtown 6242 or email Catherine.Hart@marypotter.org.nz
For further information please phone Dawn Macpherson, Community Manager – Kapiti on
021 194 0331.