An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mary Potter Hospice for a motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our developing Enhanced Hospice @ Home team in Kapiti, Porirua and Wellington. This role will cover afternoons and/or evening shifts.
This position is a great opening for a capable and dedicated professional with expertise in palliative care, a strong interest in delivering homebased care, including, assessment, care planning, treatment and outcomes for people with specialist palliative care needs and support for family and whanau.
You will be expected to:
- Deliver specialist palliative care nursing in the home, in keeping with the Enhanced Hospice @ Home criteria and philosophy
- Liaise with the Multidisciplinary Team and other Health Care Partners
- Recognise and respond appropriately to individual cultural needs
- Maintain currency of knowledge and research in nursing practice within palliative care
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal, professional development
You will need to be a Registered Nurse with NCNZ and a current Annual Practicing Certificate and hold appropriate post graduate qualifications with experience in palliative care and be able to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. You will also need to hold a full driver’s license.
If you are excited by the prospect of contributing in a substantial way to the future model of care for Mary Potter Hospice we would love to talk with you.
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form by noon, Friday 29 November 2019 to Catherine Hart, Mary Potter Hospice, PO Box 7442, Newtown 6242 or email Catherine.Hart@marypotter.org.nz
For further information, please phone Helen Golds, Inpatient Unit Manager on 027 220 5270.