Calling all fashionistas, object specialists or art lovers – we need you! We are looking for volunteers to support our online trading team.
- A unique opportunity to utilise your specialist knowledge to make a difference for your local community
- Research, value and write descriptions for donated goods in your field of interest
- Join a fun and passionate team who love working with pre-loved treasures
The Volunteer Collectable Specialist can be a specialist in any field that they have great knowledge in as an interest, have training in, or are passionate about e.g., fashion, New Zealand made, craft, jewellery, books, watches, artwork, mid-century collectables, retro toys, comics etc.
The role would be a great support for our online trading as experts, as various items that come through to us need to be captured in knowledgeable and persuasive ways to achieve the best possible sales outcomes for the Hospice and our customers.
The online trading team is responsible for running online Trade Me auctions to offer an alternative way of shopping for our customers. As one of the major fundraising projects, all funds raised through our online store go towards keeping the Hospice’s services free of charge for patients and their whānau in our community.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Although not essential, experience using Trade Me would be an advantage
- Understanding the online market would be an advantage
- Excellent on line and verbal communication skills
3 – 4 Hours weekly in agreement with manager Monday – Friday
3 McMillan Court, Newlands
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you. Please complete our online volunteer application form and should you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org