Calling Retro and Collectable Fans!
Calling all fashionistas, retro/vintage fans, object specialists or art lovers – we need you! We are looking for volunteers to join our online trading team.
- A unique opportunity to use your knowledge and passion to make a difference for your local community
- Research, value, write descriptions and create online listings for donated goods
- Join a fun and passionate team who love working with all kinds of treasures
The Volunteer Online Team member can be a specialist in any field that they have knowledge in or are passionate about, or a generalist with interest across several subjects e.g., all things retro and vintage, fashion, New Zealand made, craft, jewellery, books, watches, artwork, mid-century collectables, retro toys, comics etc. The list of types objects we get donated is endless!
The role would work as part of the online trading team, using your knowledge and research skills to achieve the best possible sales outcomes for the Hospice and our customers.
The online trading team is responsible for running online Trade Me auctions to offer an alternative way of shopping for our customers. As one of the major fundraising projects, all funds raised through our online store go towards keeping the Hospice’s services free of charge for patients and their whānau in our community.
- Some computer skills are needed for research and listing items
- Although not essential, experience using Trade Me would be an advantage
- Understanding the online market would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Minimum of 3 – 4 Hours weekly, Monday – Friday between 9am and 4pm, or more if you like!
3 McMillan Court, Newlands