Our retail volunteers are a generous and committed team who play a huge part in what we do.
As a Volunteer Retail Assistant you’ll prepare and sell goods donated to our Hospice Shops. This money supports Hospice patients to get the care they need.
- Processing all sales through the EFTPOS/cash register accurately in line with Retail Policy and Procedures
- Assisting to help create window and visual merchandising displays, ensuring the shop space is easy to navigate and is free of hazards
- Pricing, sorting and preparing donated goods to sell
- Assisting with general housekeeping and cleanliness of the shop
- Driving and supporting promotional activities with the store as required e.g. events, sales
- Experience in retail is helpful but not essential
- Pride in giving excellent customer service
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work as part of team
Roster shifts are 3–4 hours minimum
There are a number of vacancies across our Cuba Street, Karori, Tawa, Thorndon, Newlands, Miramar and Porirua Hospice Shops
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you!