Volunteer Treasure Hunters and Sorters assist with incoming goods and sorting, pricing and prepare them for delivery to our Hospice Shops.
Our retail shops are a major fundraiser for Mary Potter Hospice and the treasure hunters and sorters primary support is to assist with incoming goods and sorting, pricing and prepare them for delivery to our Hospice Shops.
Tasks will include:
- Having first hand opportunity to look for those treasures that come in and then sorting them into appropriate categories to be dispatched to relevant shops
- Pricing and packing of incoming stock as efficiently as possible
- Take part in training sessions regarding the identification and subsequent value of goods
- Assist customers dropping in goods to our stores by helping unload vehicles etc
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy in matters relating to the store, customers, procedures and security
We currently have a number of vacancies available for the right candidates – perhaps a group of friends who want to volunteer together on a regular basis and want to give back to the community.
- Interest in used goods – keen eye for those treasures
- Understand the value of used goods (training will be provided)
- Ability to communicate well with the wider network team
- Strong organisational skills
Negotiable Monday to Saturday Between 9am – 3pm minimum 3 hour shifts
Mary Potter Hospice 3 McMillan Court, Newlands