The retail shops are a major fundraiser for Mary Potter Hospice and the volunteer truck hand’s role is to assist with the operation of the Hospice retail vehicles.
Tasks will include:
- Collection of donations from the general public and elsewhere, and their distribution throughout the retail network, and the delivery of sold product to the general public
- Movement of stock, supplies and (occasionally) medical equipment throughout the retail network, and management and disposal of rubbish and recycling
- Other general truck hand duties as required
We currently have a number of vacancies available for the right candidates
- Previous truck hand experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to undertake heavy lifting (up to 2-person 60kg lifts)
- Works well within a team and able to use initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- High level of integrity
Either Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9am – 1pm
Working out of the Mary Potter Hospice Retail Distribution Centre, 3 McMillan Court, Newlands, covering the Wellington Region from Kapiti south
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you.
Please complete our online volunteer application form and should you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org