- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti volunteers needed
- We have a number of vacancies available
- To support people receiving palliative care in their own home so they can remain in the community as long as possible.
- Keeping the person company while their carer goes offsite for 2 – 4 hours a week
- Being present even if the person does not want to talk or if they want to sleep
- Performing the tasks while maintaining professional boundaries and not becoming a friend
- Supporting the person to do activity that is important to them e.g. Reading a book or newspaper, playing cards, writing letters, walking the person’s dog with them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Non-judgmental and open minded
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Sensitivity, tolerance and empathy
- Self-care and stress management skills
- Works within Mary Potter Hospice’s policies and procedures
- Comfortable working with a diverse range of people.
Commitment: Up to 4 hours per week (across all clients), preferably with some weekday day hours available.
Location: Clients are located across Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti. Volunteers will be matched with clients in their
preferred travel area.
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details to start the application process.