We currently have a number of vacancies to assist our patients and their whānau when returning home.
- To improve the efficiency of managing discharged patients from hospital or the hospice’s inpatient unit.
- Assisting a patient when they are being discharged by picking up patient from bedside or discharge area
- Ensuring that patients have their discharge summary papers, medication and/or prescriptions or any other information given at discharge time
- Assisting in collecting medications from pharmacy if required
- Ensuring patient is accompanied or transported home safely and that immediate necessities are available
- Making sure patient/whanau is safe, comfortable and relaxed when leaving them
- Daily phone contact for up to 5 day
- Weekly phone contact for up to 3 weeks.
- An encouraging and empowering approach to working with unwell people
- Non-judgmental and open minded
- Sensitivity, tolerance and empathy
- Patient, adaptable and calm
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to share culturally safe care and awareness.
Commitment: Possibly several hours or more for initial discharge. With daily and then weekly follow-up phone calls for up to 3-4 weeks.
Location: 48 Mein Street, Newtown and patients home with the Greater Wellington area.
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details to start the application process.