- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti
- We currently have a number of vacancies available
- To provide massage therapy for patients and their family in the community
- Providing massage therapy care and treatment for patients with a terminal illness and their family in order to maintain the highest quality of life
- Work with the Community Volunteer Lead and liaise with the multi-disciplinary team
- Enter into a partnership with the patient and their whānau/carers to provide palliative massage therapy care that meets expressed and assessed needs
- Plan care and treatment based on these needs to implement interventions and treatment and to monitor and evaluate outcomes.
- A Diploma in Massage Therapy or working to towards it
- Have a sound knowledge of touch therapy and practice its application in a palliative care context
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and prioritise patient, family/whanau needs
- Understanding the grief process
- Awareness of current trends in palliative/aged care
- Have no impediments to travelling within Mary Potter Hospice service areas where appropriate
- Present with a good sense of humour
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Commitment: 2 – 4 hours per week
Location: In Clients home across Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details to start the application process.