We are looking for a talented musician who can provide accompaniment to our Hospice Waiata Group.
- Playing the guitar to accompany the Hospice Waiata Group at regular practices
- Accompanying the Waiata Group at Hospice events in Newtown or in the wider community
- Be able to tune a guitar and play by ear
- Familiar with Waiata Māori
- An understanding of Māori culture, customs and waiata
- Competent and confident musical skills – formal training not essential
- Own guitar is preferable
- Access to a vehicle or reliable transport to attend events
Approximately 2 hours fortnightly plus special occasions
Mary Potter Hospice, 48 Mein Street, Newtown and occasionally the wider community
If you would like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you!
Please complete our online volunteer application from and should you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org