Make a referral
Mary Potter Hospice is a community-based service, providing specialist palliative care services free of charge to the people of Wellington, Porirua and Kāpiti.
Mary Potter Hospice has a set Referral Criteria on the Hospice’s programme of care.
Who is eligible for Mary Potter Hospice’s care?
- A person who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition for which curative treatment is no longer an option and the person is expected to live for less than 12 months
- A person, and/or their family or whānau, who requires specialist palliative care that exceeds the resources of the primary palliative care provider – this includes physical, psychosocial and/or spiritual needs
- The person must agree to the service and must be living in Wellington, Porirua or Kāpiti.
Referrals will be accepted from:
- Primary health care
- Specialist medical practitioners
- Wellington Hospital Palliative Care Team
- Any health professional in consultation with the GP or medical specialist.
The patient and their family or whānau must be informed of the nature of the palliative care offered by Mary Potter Hospice and must agree to the referral.
To make a referral
- Read our Referral Criteria for Adult Palliative Care Services
- Read our Information for Referrers to Support the Referral Process
- Complete the Mary Potter Hospice Referral Form
- Contact and discuss with our Triage Nurses (especially if urgent), call 04 801 0006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To make a non-contract counselling referral please complete this form
Page last updated 14 June 2023