Make a referral
Mary Potter Hospice is a community-based service, providing specialist palliative care services free of charge to the people of Wellington, Porirua and Kāpiti.
Who is eligible for Mary Potter Hospice’s care?
- A person who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition for which curative treatment is no longer an option and the person is expected to live for less than 12 months
- A person, and/or their family or whānau, who requires specialist palliative care that exceeds the resources of the primary palliative care provider – this includes physical, psychosocial and/or spiritual needs
- The person must agree to the service and must be living in Wellington, Porirua or Kāpiti.
Referrals will be accepted from:
- Primary health care
- Specialist medical practitioners
- Wellington Hospital Palliative Care Team
- Any health professional in consultation with the GP or medical specialist.
The patient and their family or whānau must be informed of the nature of the palliative care offered by Mary Potter Hospice and must agree to the referral.
To make a referral
Download the Mary Potter Hospice Referral Form
Contact our Intake Triage Clinical Nurse Specialist on (04) 801 0006 or fax (04) 389 5035.