Enhanced Hospice @ Home team (part time 32h per week)
- Work in an environment where you have time to care and make a difference
- A professional development programme that supports and enables you to grow
- Strong team approach to support you in your role
- Award winning Wellbeing Programme offering carers leave, wellbeing payments and a wellbeing day each year
Mary Potter Hospice is recruiting for Registered Nurses to join our Enhanced Hospice @ Home team supporting patients and whānau in their own home. This position is a great fit for a capable and dedicated professional with expertise in palliative care, a strong interest in delivering homebased care, including assessment, care planning, treatment and outcomes for people with specialist palliative care needs. This is a rostered position covering 1.30pm-10.00pm from Monday till Sunday.
Mary Potter Hospice provides free palliative care for the people of the Wellington Region. Our core values of Respect, Compassion, Dignity, Hospitality and Stewardship are very important to us and we apply these to the people who work here as much as our patients and families.
We would like you to:
- Be an NZ registered nurse with a current NZ annual practicing certificate
- Deliver specialist palliative care nursing in the home, in keeping with the Enhanced Hospice @ Home criteria and philosophy
- Liaise with the Multidisciplinary Team and other Health Care Partners
- Committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, especially in the Hospice context, open to wider cultural diversity
- Hold a full NZ driver’s license
We offer: A comprehensive education programme; and a wellbeing programme, the opportunity to work alongside highly experienced multi-disciplinary teams, in an inclusive and supportive team environment that enables you to really make a difference.
If you want to help Mary Potter Hospice provide this very valuable service to the people in the Wellington community then we would love to talk with you further.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Mary Potter Hospice’s satisfaction. Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Please send your application to Nicola Bebbington, via email HR.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Helen Golds, phone 04 381 0179 or Annette Hodds, phone 04 801 0006